Subject: [[email-masked]: Re: PROST-seminar February 4, 1998]

From: Eva-Katrine Hilmen <[email-masked]>
Date: 27 Jan 1998 12:06:08 -0000

------- Start of forwarded message -------
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 98 15:29:05 CST
From: "Valeri N. Kiva" <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: PROST-seminar February 4, 1998

Dear Katrine,
The topic of seminar will be "Methods for distilling azeotropic mixtures".
I think it may be of more general interest, because "The product areas of 
distillation" is more specific problem. May be I have to say something 
about it too, but it will be not a main point.
Contents:
The methods for separating binary homogeneous azeotrope by distillation 
with a third component (separating agent) are considered. These methods 
include homogeneous azeotropic distillation, heterogeneous azeotropic 
distillation and extractive distillation.
The possibility to employ one of these methods depend on the vapor-liquid 
equilibrium diagram of the ternary mixture of the binary to be 
separated and the third component. 
It will be shown that the separation efficiency of homogeneous 
azeotropic distillation is strongly exaggerated.
In some cases the heretogeneous azeotropic distillation is more 
effective, but the range of feasible entrainers is too narrow.
Extractive distillation is less sensitive to the structure of VLE diagram 
and the range of solvents is broad enough.
 If you have some objections we can change the item afret my arrival.
Regards,
Valeri 

   Dr.Valeri N.Kiva
   Head of Laboratory
   Laboratory on Mixture Separation
   Karpov Institute of Physical Chemistry
   Vorontsovo Pole St., 10
   Moscow, 103064
   Russia
   e-mail : [email-masked]
   fax (095)-975-2450
   phone (private) (095)-240-0711
------- End of forwarded message -------