Subject: Re: Seminar

From: "karim" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 1997 09:52:50 -700

Dear Bjarne:
Thanks for the invitation. Here is a title and a short abstract.

__________________________________________________________________
Application of Neural Networks and Principal Component Analysis
in Biotechnology Based Industries

Professor M. N. Karim
Department of Chemical & Bioresource Engineering
Colorado State University
Fort Collins, CO 80523
e-mail: [email-masked]

Abstract:

In biotechnology industries, either in process development or
production scale, a large amount of data is generated.  Data based
analysis tools are useful for prediction and optimization purposes. 
In this presentation, fundamentals of NN and PCA techniques will be
discussed.  The main  focus of the presentation will be on why and how
to use these tools.  Case studies dealing with various microbial
processes such as mammalian and bacterial cell culture processes will
used to illustrate the benefits of using these methods
_________________________________________________________________

My greetings to Professor Jorgen Lovland of Chemical Engineering 
Department, please let him know about my visit.  Thanks.

See you next week.

Best regrads.

/Naz Karim
_________________________________________________

M. Nazmul Karim, Ph.D.
Professor and Associate Department Chair
Chemical and Bioresource Engineering
Colorado State University
Fort Collins, CO 80523, USA
Tel: 970 491 6779       Fax: 970 491 7369
e-mail: [email-masked]  
or
e-mail: [email-masked]